- Fleet World names Alfa Romeo Giulia “One To Watch in 2016” describing the new sports saloon as “an exciting addition to the sector”
- Judged by the Fleet World Team of experts the awards are a significant endorsement before the car even goes on sale in the UK
- Built on an-all new rear-wheel-drive platform, the new Alfa Romeo Giulia also has efficient all-new powertrains and advanced safety features
- Not only beautiful to behold, the Alfa Romeo Giulia will also be fun to drive thanks to its low weight, perfect weight distribution and handling agility
- The all-new Alfa Romeo Giulia has scooped the inaugural “One to Watch” award at the Fleet World Honours 2016, which were held today, April 19, at The Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall, London. Divided into a series of categories representing cars, vans and fleet management, the Fleet World Honours recognise innovation, quality and sustainability in the fleet industry and picking up an award, as voted for by the expert Fleet World Team, is a significant endorsement which resonates with fleet managers and business users across the UK.
“One to Watch” is a new category for 2016 and is awarded to the car that the Fleet World team thinks will be an exciting and significant addition to the fleet sector over the coming year.
Built on an all-new, rear-wheel drive platform with an emphasis on light weight, perfect weight distribution and handling agility, the new Alfa Romeo Giulia will be powered by a range of advanced engines - including an all-aluminium 2.2-litre turbo-diesel with 150hp or 180hp, as well as a 200hp 2.0-litre turbo petrol and a 2.9-litre turbo-charged V6 producing 510hp in the top Quadrifoglio version. An advanced eight-speed automatic debuts on the Giulia, as do numerous innovating safety systems including the new, electromechanical Integrated Brake System (IBS) which combines the stability control system and traditional servo to improve brake responsiveness, lower weight and reduce pedal vibrations of the ABS system while also making record-breaking stopping distances possible.
Commenting on the win, the Fleet World Honours judging panel noted, “The Giulia looks set to transform Alfa Romeo’s fleet presence. A stylish return to the compact executive class after a five-year hiatus, it’s underpinned by a new chassis with a focus on driver enjoyment and will be offered with a pair of diesel engines for fleets. With work underway to ensure competitive whole-life costs, it’s an exciting addition to the sector.”
Francis Bleasdale, Fleet & Remarketing Director commented, “We are very encouraged by the level of interest in the fleet sector in the all-new Alfa Romeo Giulia. There’s clearly an appetite amongst fleet users to have something new and exciting to choose from, and what makes the Giulia special isn’t just its looks, character and driving dynamics, it will also be right there with the best in class in terms of safety, efficiency, equipment and performance. We are grateful to the Fleet World Honours team for singling out the Alfa Romeo Giulia as the “One to Watch in 2016” and I’m positive that when they experience the car for themselves their enthusiasm for the Alfa Romeo Giulia will be justified.”